Thursday, September 8, 2016

Daddy's Girl

You'd be 58 this year. In five short days it will be your birthday. Most have forgotten. But me? Oh no. I'll never forget the day you died but I choose to remember the day you lived. You were a fighter. So strong. So very very strong... and it's crazy, ya know? Years down the road and it's like I just miss you more. You were my rock. My protector. My strength. And no matter how bad it got physically your spirit stayed alive. I miss you so much...I miss you daddy... and I'll sing your songs, hear your voice in the wind. I've forgotten your voice...I can't hear it anymore. And that breaks my heart. And your face... I'm so scared I'll forget. There aren't any pictures. None from when I knew you anyways. None that I can see. They told me you would die. They tried to prepare me. But nobody ever told me part of me would die with you. And I'm trying. So hard. Every day. But I'm still falling apart...I wish you were here daddy...I miss you...

No comments:

Post a Comment