Friday, March 27, 2015

Odd moments

That song came on today. And I realized what it means to truly be moved on. At one point it would have reduced me to tears. Yet I found myself shocked as your name crossed my mind. I tried to think back to the last time I thought of you, the last time I shed a tear, the last time I went the wrong way down the highway forgetting I wasn't going to you. I can't remember. It's insane, right? Someone that once meant so much to me, that shattered me so completely. Now you mean nothing at all. Just a distant memory. And that's how you know when you've truly moved on. The memories will never stop. They may fade, but they'll always be there.  Especially when you love someone as much as I loved you. But it dawned on me as I listened to that song. You no longer have that effect on me. My heart is free from you. So now I'm sitting here with this weight off my shoulders. You always had a knack for coming back around when I'm happy, for pulling me back in. And I'm sure one day you'll try again. But I'll be ready this time, because I'll never again give up my happiness for you. You're truly a no as we've called you for a couple of years. And that my friends... that's a glorious thing to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment