Monday, May 18, 2015

Memorial Day

It's coming round again... I miss you so much it hurts. Especially this year. We're going to have a cookout. The first one since you passed away... It hurts to know my boys will never know your silly songs. Will never know your face retelling how you saved me from the snakes on that last memorial day you could walk. William will never know the man who shared his name. I couldn't fully give him your name, for reasons we should all be aware of by now. But my heart still smiles to know he's got a part of you to carry with him forever. You'd love him to pieces. Anakin would join in your silly songs. I've contemplated teaching him them just to hear someone walking around the house singing them again. Or your laughter, how rare but how musical filling our home when you found something funny. I've thought of taking a day to see you over the weekend. Making a trip of it with my love. Oh, how you would have enjoyed knowing him...I miss you daddy. I hope you look down and smile Monday. I hope you know we've never forgotten you. And I pray every day that you would be proud of me and the woman I'm becoming. It's been ten years but it hurts like it was yesterday...

No comments:

Post a Comment